Skyline this Saturday

General Palm Springs area.

Postby zippetydude » Tue May 13, 2008 3:54 pm

Now wait a minute...

I didn't see any trash when I went up...

...and guest saw a whole bunch as he went up...

and Tinaballina was between us, and she says, " i didn't stop at any given spot, i didn't want anyone to think the trash around me was mine" ...

Hmmmm!

JK, of course! Whatever you do, Tina, don't get mad! Hey, if we catch the litterbugs, we should see if we can get Cynthia23 and Tina to kick bug and take names!

In any case, I'm with you guys. It's completely beyond me how someone can like the outdoors enough to want to do Skyline, and at the same time have no more sense and respect than to trash it?!

Tina (and anyone who hasn't actually done Skyline in the heat), if you go this Saturday, beware. I'm sure you know that, but I just thought I'd mention the Misty Mate thingy I bring. I've posted about it before - you can get one at Walmart for around $10, and if you bring an extra liter or two of water, you can actually keep yourself cool/cold most of the way. I did it in July once, when the high that day was 118, and it kept me cool the whole time. This weekend will be ferociously hot, so I just wanted to stick in my two cents real quick. Have fun!


z
User avatar
zippetydude
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am

Postby tinaballina » Tue May 13, 2008 4:26 pm

Tina (and anyone who hasn't actually done Skyline in the heat), if you go this Saturday, beware. I'm sure you know that, but I just thought I'd mention the Misty Mate thingy I bring. I've posted about it before - you can get one at Walmart for around $10, and if you bring an extra liter or two of water, you can actually keep yourself cool/cold most of the way. I did it in July once, when the high that day was 118, and it kept me cool the whole time. This weekend will be ferociously hot, so I just wanted to stick in my two cents real quick. Have fun!
z[/quote]

Thank you, i do take the heat seriously, i think sunday will be a few degrees cooler but not by much. i will start early and hopefully beat it a bit.
User avatar
tinaballina
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Riverside

Postby KathyW » Wed May 14, 2008 6:31 am

I thought about the Skyline this coming weekend, but the weather says it will be over 100 degrees in Palm Springs this weekend - hot, hot, hot. I'm a wimp - I can't do that heat.
KathyW
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:17 pm

c2c on Sunday 18

Postby Mountaingoat » Wed May 14, 2008 8:18 am

2 of us will be doing c2c on Sunday. Leaving from the museum at around 5:00 AM. Hope to see some of you out there! I am a 4.5 to 5 hour hiker P.S to the tram!

Berne
Mountaingoat
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Rancho Bernardo/ San Diego

Previous

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests