Skyline this Saturday

General Palm Springs area.

Skyline this Saturday

Postby tinaballina » Thu May 08, 2008 4:43 pm

I know there is a big group from the ODC going up Saturday at 4am and i believe Cy is going up at 3:30am, is there anyone going around 4:45/5am by chance?
:)
User avatar
tinaballina
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Riverside

Postby FIGHT ON » Thu May 08, 2008 5:09 pm

i was :cry:
User avatar
FIGHT ON
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:23 pm
Location: Trousdale Parkway

Postby zippetydude » Thu May 08, 2008 10:43 pm

I usually start just before 6;00. The tram road opens at about 5:30, so I follow the guy up with my bike in my truck. I park my truck at the upper lot, then bike back to PS. I lock the bike at the trailhead, and off I go.

This Saturday, I have some tight time constraints, so I'll probably be starting right at 6:00, then catch the tram back down at 9:45 or so. That should get me back home by around 10:30, so I can get busy with my day. For anyone leaving earlier, perhaps I'll catch up to you and have a chance to say hi. I can always stop a minute to chat, so if you're of such a mind, we can speak alittle and get to know each other a bit. Hope to see you out there on the trail.

z
User avatar
zippetydude
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am

Postby tinaballina » Fri May 09, 2008 8:38 am

I will probably start around 5-5:30, I hope to see you both on the trail, you have my pic in my avatar so please say howdy.
Z- you do the trail in 3:45? Hence your name I am sure.
:)
User avatar
tinaballina
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Riverside

Postby cynthia23 » Fri May 09, 2008 9:51 am

Hi Tina, I'm pretty sure Steve Fausset (Osama) and his friends will be leaving DM at 4.40ish. They're very friendly and I'm sure will not mind if you hike with them. Steve is superfast (5 hours to tram or less) but others may be slower. At any rate I'm sure you will find people to hike with during the first hour or two. There should be so many people on the mountain on Saturday you will find it easy to meet up with compatible-speedsters.

Everyone look out for everyone else this weekend on the trail, and be safe. :)
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: Rancho Mirage

Postby tinaballina » Fri May 09, 2008 10:16 am

cynthia23 wrote:Hi Tina, I'm pretty sure Steve Fausset (Osama) and his friends will be leaving DM at 4.40ish. They're very friendly and I'm sure will not mind if you hike with them. Steve is superfast (5 hours to tram or less) but others may be slower. At any rate I'm sure you will find people to hike with during the first hour or two. There should be so many people on the mountain on Saturday you will find it easy to meet up with compatible-speedsters.

Everyone look out for everyone else this weekend on the trail, and be safe. :)


Thank you Cynthia, when will be going up together?
User avatar
tinaballina
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Riverside

Postby Hikin_Jim » Fri May 09, 2008 10:24 am

tinaballina wrote:I will probably start around 5-5:30, I hope to see you both on the trail, you have my pic in my avatar so please say howdy.
Z- you do the trail in 3:45? Hence your name I am sure.
:)

Hey, Zip, just look for the hiking partner in Tina's photo. Dead give away. :D
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Postby tinaballina » Fri May 09, 2008 11:41 am

Hey, Zip, just look for the hiking partner in Tina's photo. Dead give away. :D[/quote]

LOL, I had to kick him to the curb, too high maintance.
User avatar
tinaballina
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Riverside

Postby zippetydude » Fri May 09, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi tinabacktobackallina!

"I had to kick him to the curb, too high maintance." Brutal! Wow - first back-to-back trips, now this! :shock: I'm scared! I sure hope you're in a good mood when I meet you on the trail!

With regard to the time, my first trip was about the same time as yours. After a while, you get used to the trail and your time comes down a bit. Remember, too, there is someone here on this board (Perry) who leaves me in the dust (he's an HOUR faster!) so I'm nothin' special. Just havin' fun!

I don't have a photo avatar, but I usually wear triathlon/biking wear when I'm doing the trail, so if you see some fool that looks totally out of place in the wilderness, that would be me!

z
User avatar
zippetydude
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am

Postby tinaballina » Fri May 09, 2008 12:31 pm

Well, i am italian so you don't want to get on my bad side....LOL

Perry's time up the mountain isn't human...lol...he is a super hero.

I look forward to meeting you Z.
User avatar
tinaballina
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Riverside

Next

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests