Skyline in June

General Palm Springs area.

Postby FIGHT ON » Tue May 06, 2008 9:06 am

Mr. Z. I hike on Saturdays. Nothin feels better than being DEAD BEAT TIRED. When that snow is gone above the tram I am gonna do the DEATH MARCH again. But in the meantime I wouldn't mind being half dead by doing Skyline.
User avatar
FIGHT ON
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:23 pm
Location: Trousdale Parkway

Postby James » Tue May 06, 2008 10:03 am

Is the snow above the tram passable with just poles? I'd like to do C2C on Friday, May 16th if possible (or maybe May 23rd). If anyone else is going that day, hope to see you out there. Weekends are tough to schedule right now and it would be nice to take the trail before it gets really hot.

J
James
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:57 pm

Cactus to Clouds in June

Postby Whitney Mike » Tue May 06, 2008 5:12 pm

Myself and a small group will be doing C2C on May 31st, and will be leaving the museum around 12:30am. I have done Skyline four times, and the entire C2C twice in 2007. I am looking forward to a third successful summit the end of this month. Whitney Mike
Whitney Mike
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 8:51 am

Postby tinaballina » Wed May 07, 2008 12:06 pm

In any case, this seems like ideal weather for Skyline, and what with Tinaballina whupping our butts doing back-to-backs, I guess it's time for me to drag my lazy self back up the mountain.

LOL, I am waiting to meet you and hikin Jim on the trail....let me know when you do go up. I would love to hike with ya.....
:)
User avatar
tinaballina
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Riverside

Skyline in June

Postby Cy Kaicener » Wed May 07, 2008 1:40 pm

Stan - I am not going every week this summer, but I dont want to miss any full moons when I can go real early. I hope we see you this Saturday. There should be a lot of people on the trail - three groups and maybe the last cool weather for a while. :)
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
User avatar
Cy Kaicener
 
Posts: 2236
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 3:50 am
Location: Rialto, California, USA

WoW!

Postby Felipe de España » Thu May 08, 2008 9:42 am

Cy,
You're a GOD HEAD here and on Mt. San Jacinto!
Post number 777! :shock:
Probably close to the number of times you've done
C2C, correct?
Best get out and buy a lottery ticket, hit the Casino at Morongo
or Vegas before you post again.
Best to you and yours,

Felipe de España
Felipe de España
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:03 am
Location: Calimesa, Cali.

Skyline in June

Postby Cy Kaicener » Thu May 08, 2008 11:40 am

Felipe - I have taken more than 80 first timers on Skyline, and first timers ask a lot of questions :) I have only gone up there 237 times which is tied with Doreen. Sid Davis did San Jacinto 643 times but mainly from the tram. There was a lady called Wanda who did Skyline many more times than me, but she moved to Washington I believe.
If I went to Morongo or Las Vegas do you think I could get snake eyes.? - better than seeing them on the trail :)
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
User avatar
Cy Kaicener
 
Posts: 2236
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 3:50 am
Location: Rialto, California, USA

Previous

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests