Marion Mtn Trailhead permits

General Palm Springs area.

Marion Mtn Trailhead permits

Postby phydeux » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:40 pm

Since the Marion Mtn trailhead is in the Fed forest, but most of the trail leading to the summit is in the State forest, where do you mail in a permit application for a dayhike?. I've done this trail many times before guerrilla-style (no permit), but can't remember who controls what in that area, or if any of the agencies care.

(yeah, I know, its not a Skyline trail topic . . . so sue me!)
User avatar
phydeux
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: Orange County, CA.

Postby halhiker » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:30 pm

You get permits for the agency at the point of entry which in this case is the National Forest.

Also, this is a SAN JACINTO board not a Skyline board. I consulted my brother who is a lawyer on this topic and he said we'd lose in court so no lawsuit should be anticipated.
User avatar
halhiker
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: La Quinta, CA

Postby magikwalt » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:46 pm

A brother in law that's an attorney??? All I got for a B-I-L was a hardware salesman.
User avatar
magikwalt
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Palm Springs

Postby halhiker » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:59 pm

magikwalt wrote:A brother in law that's an attorney??? All I got for a B-I-L was a hardware salesman.


A BROTHER that's an attorney. The other's a punk rocker.
User avatar
halhiker
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: La Quinta, CA


Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests