Snow this week?

General Palm Springs area.

Snow this week?

Postby simonov » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:43 am

Does anyone have any idea how much snow San Jacinto got this week above the tram? I'm supposed to do a summit hike tomorrow.
Nunc est bibendum
User avatar
simonov
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:25 pm
Location: Reno, NV

Postby Marknhj » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:58 am

I don't know about the summit, but from down here at the base of the mountain the weather was fine this week, albeit windy. I can see the tram station and there was nothing there. But, I'm not experienced enough to project what I can see from here, to summit conditions. So please check elsewhere. Right now it's 36 degrees at the tram.
Marknhj
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:03 pm
Location: Palm Springs

Postby Pup » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:42 am

I hiked from the Tram to the peak on Monday. It was a beautiful day and I had the mountain to myself. We haven't had any precipitation since then so I assume it is still beautiful up there.
Ice axe and crampons are needed, though...
Have fun
Pup
Pup
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:48 am
Location: Cathedral City

Postby halhiker » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:19 am

Judging from looking at it the clouds did not reach up to the top of San Jacinto nor did they reach the desert. Weather was nice here yesterday but we did see what appeared to be a thick marine layer ending in the San Gorgonio pass. I talked to a lot of people who drove in from LA and OC yesterday and they said it was drizzling until they got to the windmills.

Out here it was beautiful.
User avatar
halhiker
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: La Quinta, CA

Postby Perry » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:14 pm

It rained a little Wednesday night in the desert.
"And he knows those computers better than anybody, all those computers, those vote-counting computers. And we ended up winning Pennsylvania like in a landslide, so, it was pretty good, it was pretty good, so thank you to Elon!"
-Donald Trump
User avatar
Perry
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1525
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:01 pm
Location: Palm Springs, CA


Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 5 guests