I had thought of that too which is why I put "potentially" into my wording.
Just thinking of the way I hike, if I got to the top of a long grade, saw a lot of the frozen stuff, and the trail flattened out, I might very well pull out a coat. I imagined her losing her footing at that point and ... you know the rest. I didn't go with the hypothermic undressing because I reasoned that she would have shed other gear prior to that point and no other gear was found. Also, she was out for a day hike from what I was reading in the articles, and there's no indication that she was running late, a situation that would fit with hypothermia. Of course this is all speculation on my part. Foul play, hypothermia, and ice accident are all quite plausible. For all we know, she could have stopped at that point, pulled out her jacket because her lunch was immediately under it and then walked off after lunch with out it and is miles away from where the clothing was found. Of course, something like this has never happened to me (no fair asking about my new trekking poles)

but I've heard of things like this occuring.
If SAR couldn't find her in a multi day search, then perhaps we may never know.