Really good pictures. I was hoping you guys took more pics of the traverse area. Was the snow in that area icy? Where did you guys eventually go up? Did you go straight for that big rock and then go up or way earlier? Don't you need an ice axe too? Maybe thats why you guys didn't take many pictures in that area cuz IT WAS CRAZY DANGEROUS???
I did not go up to the tram, but it was icy and they needed ice axe and crampons. You go straight up before you get to Coffmans Crag. I will check out the trail from the top first before I go to the tram.
Cy. I was hoping those guys that did that hike would read my post and tell where they went up. It sounded like they could not see the trail and went up before the trail goes up next to Coffmans Crag. I know there are a few ways up right next to the Crag (in that specific area) but are there ways up that are as safe before that area along the traverse?