Devil's Slide Trail and Deer Springs Trails Conditions

General Palm Springs area.

Saturday Trip

Postby muttdog » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:24 pm

Thanks everyone for the info and advice. I went up South Ridge Trail on Saturday but due to a late start I did not get to the top of Tahquitz Peak. The weather started to get more windy and colder, even some snow blowing then the trail area started getting more icy so I decided to call it a day and go back down. I only saw 4 other people on the trail the entire time.
I got a lot of nice pics and enjoyed the views from the trail. I'll save the top of the peaks for another time.
muttdog
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:02 pm

Postby Hikin_Jim » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:18 pm

Cool. And smart move on turning back when you hit ice.

I was out on Saturday, and it was definitely cold. Got rained, hailed on, and saw snow up by where we had been earlier in the day.
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Postby KathyW » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:59 pm

I won't be headed up the trail from Humber Park this weekend - we've going to do an overnighter in the San Gorgonio Wilderness instead. If anyone else heads up toward San Jacinto from Idyllwild, please report back on conditions.
KathyW
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:17 pm

Previous

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests