The California Hiking Map

Reviews and discussion. For sale, wanted, trades, donations. Online deals.

The California Hiking Map

Postby Andy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:02 am

A large poster (40 in. wide by 60 in. tall) that attempts to show all the hiking trails in California on one map. The author credits Mt San Jacinto as one of his top trails.

http://www.californiahikingmap.com/map-information/

Grab your hi-liter and mark away!
Andy

Re: The California Hiking Map

Postby zippetydude » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:59 pm

Cool post Andy, I just might get one. I've sent them a question regarding the resolution of the map...if it is sharp and easy to make out, it seems to me that $27 is a great price.

z
zippetydude

Postby GoPlayer » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:21 am

zippetydude wrote:Cool post Andy, I just might get one. I've sent them a question regarding the resolution of the map...if it is sharp and easy to make out, it seems to me that $27 is a great price.

z

I'm interested in the answer also. Looks like a very nicely done map.
GoPlayer

Postby zippetydude » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:39 pm

I got an email reply and as far as I can tell it looks good. I ordered one, so I'll know for sure very soon. Once I get it I'll post and give my 2 cents. If anyone is not too far from Redlands you can always drop by and see what you think in person.

z
zippetydude

Postby StandingLenticular » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi There! This is Jason with the California Hiking Map.

Zippety, could you PM me your name and I'll see if I can get yours moving a little faster. :) My wife and I have been working like elves trying to get these out of our living room. We're getting some professional shipping help this week to catch up.

My San Jacinto experience: Still in the early stages of dating my now wife. (First hike together was Zanja Peak - Crafton Hills) Madly in love - thought it was a great idea to summit San Jacinto via the tram in February starting at noon. Great hike, first kiss, ahhhh love....ahhhh it's getting dark - and tram closes in two hours. And so we ran. :)

We used to live in Mountain Home Village and I used to work at Morongo and got to stare at San Jacinto every day.
StandingLenticular

Postby neverwashasbeen » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:47 am

Hi Jason,

Nice write up on Inside Hook.
Happy Trails!
neverwashasbeen

Postby StandingLenticular » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Thanks! :)
StandingLenticular

Postby zippetydude » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:47 pm

I got the map and it is very nice quality. Because the area covered is so large even a long trail looks very small, so the whole scale of my accomplishments looks tiny! It's funny when I look and see that a good hard run of 4 or 5 hours covered about 1/2 inch. The resolution is excellent and the scope of the whole thing is remarkable. I am already marking all the trails that I have done and even using it as a resource to find new trails to go and explore.

For $20 this is a steal. Great job on the map StandingLenticular!

z
zippetydude

Postby StandingLenticular » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:17 pm

Hi Zip!

Glad you like it! I understand what you're talking about when it makes your accomplishments looks so small! My wife keeps telling me to raise the price, but I was a broke hiker living in the San Bernardino National Forest when I was younger, so I want other broke hikers to be able to get one if they want it. :)
StandingLenticular

Return to Outdoor Gear & Apparel, Food, Books