Thomas Mountain

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Thomas Mountain

Postby David W » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:25 pm

I have passed through a couple times but never explored or camped, so I gave it a try last weekend. Saw the Cutca fire on the way up.

I like Thomas, some things more than the Santa Rosas, some less. It's not as quiet or remote, or as much elevation, but easier/quicker to get to and more flora. I camped a couple different places, good views. Toolbox Spring was running, as was Magee. Hiked down the Ramona trail to the bottom of the treeline Saturday and then back up. Took the un-named trail from Toolbox to the road right below the peak Sunday, walked back down the road. Also drove all the roads, but not the spurs. I like the area and will be back to explore more and bring the family/friends. Got a few pics of flora and fauna but not as much as usual.
Someone was running around all hours of day and night in a side by side, once through my campsite. Street legal vehicles only up there, he had an AZ plate. :roll:
David W
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:32 am
Location: SoCal East Desert

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest