Plantar Fasciiitis

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Re: Plantar Fasciiitis

Postby Ed » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:12 pm

zippetydude wrote:Mine first showed improvement by not lasting as long after I got up out of bed.


Pain when I get up is my marker, too. I thought there was some improvement this morning. I think I started Sunday night, so I may be a day or two behind your schedule of results. I put on my socks right away, but try to stay off my feet for at least 15 minutes after application. I assume you only apply it the pain area, plus some margin, not the entire foot. Am also doing Dr. Jim's stretching exercise, several times a day on the floor, with a towel, it's hopeless for me without a towel. Will keep you posted.
Ed
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:04 pm
Location: San Diego Area

Re: Plantar Fasciiitis

Postby zippetydude » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:21 pm

Go Ed! Rootin' for you man. I will feel rotten if I posted a false hope. But, of course, what I posted was true...I walk around my house each morning thinking, "Wow! That worked!" But it would still suck to find I had faked out a fellow hiker. Keep me posted.

z
User avatar
zippetydude
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am

Re: Plantar Fasciiitis

Postby Ed » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:45 am

No worries, Zip, I haven't consulted the yellow pages for medical malpractice attorneys yet. And my copay is only $20 per tube. I think it is working, more slowly than with you, but nothing surprising about that, there are individual differences. I still have the pain when I step out of bed in the morning, but it seems to go away very quickly now. The real test will be when I start doing leg and cardio exercises again at the fitness center, and then return to hiking.

This morning I had back problems, which I am sure were due to Dr. Jim's stretching exercise, I was doing it rather aggressively on one leg only. No great surprise there, quite a few things will trigger problems with my back. So I will be relying a bit more on the Voltaren in the next few days.
Ed
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:04 pm
Location: San Diego Area

Re: Plantar Fasciiitis

Postby Ed » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:05 am

No pain this morning, after a week of application. None. Didn't even bother to put the stuff on. Probably premature, I had a little discomfort later on, but I have a second tube ready.

What a discussion board! First-rate medical advice, and back up strategies from the other curanderos. On another thread, Dylan Thomas, Theresa de Avila and alternative translations of Don Quixote-era Spanish! Though I'm afraid my literary tastes are more along the gallows-humor lines of Ambrose Bierce. When I was in high school, he was the cats meow among English teachers. Now there was a guy who knew how to stage his final bow, makes Dylan Thomas look very amateurish.
Ed
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:04 pm
Location: San Diego Area

Re: Plantar Fasciiitis

Postby zippetydude » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:28 am

Wow! So it worked for you too! I wonder how it is that this miracle cure for plantar fasciitis hasn't gone viral? I think I'll contact the company and clue them in on the gold mine they're sitting on. Congrats, Ed.

z
User avatar
zippetydude
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am

Re: Plantar Fasciiitis

Postby zippetydude » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:19 am

I contacted them and they said Voltaren has never been studied for plantar fasciitis so it's not widely prescribed for that. I told them my experience, then of yours as well (though I did not mention your name), and they took a full report on the whole experience. She said they have a study team that will be very interested in this and they will be in contact to further evaluate its effectiveness. I mentioned that if it's the only thing on the planet that will cure months of pain and frustration, and it does it painlessly in a week, they may have a new use they want to market it for. Who knows, Ed, you and I may have stumbled (no pun intended) upon something that will really make a difference in the running world. I looked up the prevalence of Plantar Fasciitis and it is responsible for over 1,000,000 doctor visits a year in the US alone! I know I would have appreciated finding out about it months earlier.

z
User avatar
zippetydude
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am

Re: Plantar Fasciiitis

Postby cynthia23 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:05 pm

OMG, Zip, you are a man of action! Thanks to your move, you may someday have thousands making a pilgrimage to literally kiss your feet. Hope you like that kind of thing :)

As for Ambrose Bierce--he's looking down on us and smiling. Okay, more likely he's looking up, and scowling. But either way, I'm so glad to see him mentioned in the same sentence as Theresa of Avila and a new medication for plantar fascitis.

Life! It can still surprise me! :)
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: Rancho Mirage

Previous

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest