Thanks, Cynthia. I do have a Bosu ball, and have spent some time practicing standing on it, which is about all I can do. I stopped when I fractured my humerus, and need to return to it. Probably would not hurt to find more ways to use it, as well. But the problem with the wobbly knee is very structural, and due to the Macquet procedure I had done in the 1980's. In a Macquet procedure a bone graft is placed below the patella to raise it, to reduce contact between damaged surfaces. Unfortunately, it makes the knee less stable. Orthopedic surgeons probably did thousands of them, but they admit it was a bad procedure and no longer do them
But I am not complaining about my knees. When I was about 37, I was told I had the knees of a man in his 80's, by a well-known orthopedic surgeon - Martin Blazina, also known as 'Blazina the Blade', he reminded me of the British actor Derek Jacobi - who had examined them through xrays and operated on them. This was after Steve Lombardo, the guy who saved Magic Johnson's knee, gave up on me, so I turned to the man who trained him. Four knee surgeries, two on each knee, by three surgeons did little or no good. I was a semi-cripple in chronic pain for decades. Now I have very little knee pain. I don't know why, maybe the pain cells, or whatever it is that causes the pain, just gave up and died. The human body is quite a mystery.
