HST, Day 2 – Bearpaw Meadow to Precipice Lake 6/18/15

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

HST, Day 2 – Bearpaw Meadow to Precipice Lake 6/18/15

Postby 63ChevyII » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:49 pm

One of my toughest days ever on the trail, but also one of the most rewarding. I went from thinking "what the heck am I doing out here" to "wow, I can't wait to come back" in just a few minutes.

Details and full photo gallery (75 photos) is posted here:
High Sierra Trail, Day 2 – Bearpaw Meadow to Precipice Lake, June 18 2015

Hamilton Towers
Image

At the top of Hamilton Creek Waterfall
Image

Angels Wings
Image

Hamilton Gorge Tunnel
Image

Sunset
Image

Precipice Lake
Image

Not a bad spot to camp...
Image
Image
63ChevyII
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 am

Re: HST, Day 2 – Bearpaw Meadow to Precipice Lake 6/18/15

Postby Sally » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:26 pm

Your write-up and photos were most enjoyable, as always! I am sorry to hear about so much physical suffering, but I bet seeing Precipice Lake made up for it. Many of my favorite adventures have included pain. I guess pain is sometimes the price of admission to some of the wilderness' best attractions.
User avatar
Sally
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Temecula

Re: HST, Day 2 – Bearpaw Meadow to Precipice Lake 6/18/15

Postby zippetydude » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:35 pm

Sally wrote: Many of my favorite adventures have included pain.


I absolutely love that line! And, after all, you are friends with Ellen... :wink:

63chevy: Gorgeous photos - makes me wanna get back out there soooooooooooooooo bad!

z
User avatar
zippetydude
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am

Re: HST, Day 2 – Bearpaw Meadow to Precipice Lake 6/18/15

Postby 63ChevyII » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:15 pm

Sally wrote: Many of my favorite adventures have included pain. I guess pain is sometimes the price of admission to some of the wilderness' best attractions.

Thanks Sally, that's a great line by the way. I may have to use it on a hike with my buddies... I will of course make sure there aren't any rocks or sharp sticks within reach before saying it!


zippetydude wrote:63chevy: Gorgeous photos - makes me wanna get back out there soooooooooooooooo bad!

z


Thanks Z. I want to get back out there too!
Image
63ChevyII
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 am

Re: HST, Day 2 – Bearpaw Meadow to Precipice Lake 6/18/15

Postby Hikin_Jim » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:24 am

63ChevyII wrote:"pain is the price of admission to wilderness' best attractions."
I may have to use it on a hike with my buddies... I will of course make sure there aren't any rocks or sharp sticks within reach before saying it!


:lol:

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest