TR from afar: PCT in the North Cascades, August 2014

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

TR from afar: PCT in the North Cascades, August 2014

Postby jfr » Sun May 17, 2015 5:19 pm

This trip report was posted (by me) on the Cascade Climbers forum, as they were the folks that gave me some great advice on where to take a week-long backpacking trip in the North Cascades in Washington state. We ended up hiking on the final, northernmost section of the PCT. It was beautiful, with plenty of rain, and a dash of adventure!

Trip Report: http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthr ... cs/1138420

NOTE that I didn't finish writing the TR until last week, just over a year after they gave me the advice. We hiked it last August. Better late than never!

I thought I'd post a link to it here as I've met a bunch of you at the potlucks and I figured you've probably been wondering what Vicki and I did last summer. Enjoy!

Image

Map of the hike: http://caltopo.com/map?id=6D29

Photos from the hike (warning: WAY too many) https://www.flickr.com/photos/_jfr_/set ... 0566710069
My (collected) trip reports: http://hikingtales.com/
User avatar
jfr
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:10 am
Location: 32N 117W

Re: TR from afar: PCT in the North Cascades, August 2014

Postby Hikin_Jim » Sun May 17, 2015 9:39 pm

Wow! Heck of a photo. I'll check out the TR when I get a chance.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest