Time to kick a hornet nest

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Time to kick a hornet nest

Postby backpackpack » Thu May 14, 2015 3:21 pm

If Hillary wins, R.I.P. USA

:o :o :o :o
backpackpack

Re: Time to kick a hornet nest

Postby Hikin_Jim » Fri May 15, 2015 11:42 am

I hear Hillary was actually born in Kenya...

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Postby backpackpack » Fri May 15, 2015 5:34 pm

Hikin_Jim wrote:I hear Hillary was actually born in Kenya...

HJ

Well, she does look Kenyan now that I think about it. Has she won any marathons? :lol:
backpackpack

Postby zippetydude » Mon May 18, 2015 4:34 pm

I don't trust any of them (regardless of their party - Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton were from opposing parties but both were liars), and she does come across as particularly slippery! I think it should be a huge red flag that she employed those highly questionable practices with her email to make sure that she could keep her official communications away from congressional investigators and/or the public. Danger! Danger!

BTW, on a note of irony, I thought it was hilarious a few years ago when Congress was looking into the use of performance enhancing drugs by MLB players, and they actually had the nerve to charge some of players with the crime of "lying to Congress"! Is that not the most striking case of the pot calling the kettle black in all of American history? The biggest group of pathological liars in the country got mad because a private citizen used their own tactics on them! Will wonders never cease?

z
zippetydude

Postby backpackpack » Tue May 19, 2015 9:52 am

zippetydude wrote:I don't trust any of them (regardless of their party - Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton were from opposing parties but both were liars), and she does come across as particularly slippery! I think it should be a huge red flag that she employed those highly questionable practices with her email to make sure that she could keep her official communications away from congressional investigators and/or the public. Danger! Danger!

BTW, on a note of irony, I thought it was hilarious a few years ago when Congress was looking into the use of performance enhancing drugs by MLB players, and they actually had the nerve to charge some of players with the crime of "lying to Congress"! Is that not the most striking case of the pot calling the kettle black in all of American history? The biggest group of pathological liars in the country got mad because a private citizen used their own tactics on them! Will wonders never cease?

z

I always wondered why the heck congress was involved with baseball and steroids. Shouldn't the league deal with it on their own? I am not sure why they wasted their time on something like that.
backpackpack

Postby Hikin_Jim » Fri May 29, 2015 2:02 pm

backpackpack wrote:
zippetydude wrote:BTW, on a note of irony, I thought it was hilarious a few years ago when Congress was looking into the use of performance enhancing drugs by MLB players, and they actually had the nerve to charge some of players with the crime of "lying to Congress"! Is that not the most striking case of the pot calling the kettle black in all of American history? The biggest group of pathological liars in the country got mad because a private citizen used their own tactics on them! Will wonders never cease?
I always wondered why the heck congress was involved with baseball and steroids. Shouldn't the league deal with it on their own? I am not sure why they wasted their time on something like that.
Better they mess with baseball... than with us.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Postby phydeux » Fri May 29, 2015 5:13 pm

Not saying I'm for or against her, but what's really needed is another nationally known Democrat to get in the race and challenge Clinton to disclose her ideas on international relations, defense policy, economic planning, social policy . . . the full range of issues (no, Bernie Sanders is not sginificant enough). Without it she's just allowed to run on catchy (but hollow) speechwriting, while the Republicans toss around ideas, consolidate into one platform, and will be ahead of her when the final campaign happens in fall 2016. Aren't there about 10-15 Republicans in the race already?
3 of the 5 voices in my head are telling me to "Go for it!"
phydeux

Postby backpackpack » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:22 am

phydeux wrote:Not saying I'm for or against her, but what's really needed is another nationally known Democrat to get in the race and challenge Clinton to disclose her ideas on international relations, defense policy, economic planning, social policy . . . the full range of issues (no, Bernie Sanders is not sginificant enough). Without it she's just allowed to run on catchy (but hollow) speechwriting, while the Republicans toss around ideas, consolidate into one platform, and will be ahead of her when the final campaign happens in fall 2016. Aren't there about 10-15 Republicans in the race already?

We were just discussing this here at work, me and my buddies. I don't see any strong candidate on the democrats side, including hillary, but she will win the nomination if someone doesn't step up. I agree about bernie, isn't he an extreme left communist or something? :shock:

2016 is going to be an interesting election and I hope the right can present a solid candidate. I like ben carson, I don't know if he has a chance though.
backpackpack

Postby halhiker » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:54 pm

The problem with Hillary is she's not liberal enough.

And if the U.S. was able to survive Bush (albeit barely), it'll pretty much be able to survive anything.
halhiker

Return to General Chat