Hello everyone. I was driving back from the Sierras to San Diego with my kids and realized that I've been near the San Bernardino National Forest countless times but never considered it for backpacking. I did some reading up online, grabbed a topo (Tom Harrison), and am planning on doing a trip with my daughter from the South Fork Campground (parking across the street, I called the ranger station and they said that's fine) along Lost Creek Trail. We'll spend the night at Grinnel Ridge campground area, then hike back out the same way. Two days, one night.
I'm a somewhat experienced backpacker, primarily in the Sierras and White Mountains (New Hampshire). The weather looks okay, currently a 20% chance of rain at night so I'll keep my eye on that. Frontal system coming through (wind backing wind out of the SSW, low pressure).
I sent in my wilderness permit, and otherwise am just looking for any advice from you folks. I'll be carrying enough water that we won't need to re-up anywhere.
And thanks to "Hiker Jim", if it's the same guy with the blog, I got most of my info from you.
