The wallet was not where I stopped atop the peak for photos and a snack. The wallet was along
my XC bushwhacking route in
heavy brush. I found the wallet at waypoint 19.
The way I found it was:
1. Prayed a lot
2. Follow my GPS track (which is accurate +/- 20')
3. Prayed some more
4. Track myself -- look for broken branches and logical routes.
5. Kept on praying.
Here's a photo I took as I descended from Sitton Peak via my XC route that shows some of the brush. It was pretty darned thick once I got off the ridge top.

And here's my "wallet" as I looked down and saw it.

And here's the big grin after I found it. Notice how the brush is higher than my head. I had to get down at one point and butt scootch below the level of the foliage in order to make forward progress. Yeesh.

Bottom line? God smiled on me.
HJ