Blue Mountain – My Son’s 1st ‘Hike,’ Dec 20 2014

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Blue Mountain – My Son’s 1st ‘Hike,’ Dec 20 2014

Postby 63ChevyII » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:42 pm

I think I have a little hiker on my hands :D
Image

Image

Blue Mountain – My Son’s 1st ‘Hike,’ Dec 20 2014
Image
63ChevyII
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Blue Mountain – My Son’s 1st ‘Hike,’ Dec 20 2014

Postby tekewin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:56 pm

You can already see the summit fever in his face on that second to last picture. Nice!
User avatar
tekewin
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: United States

Re: Blue Mountain – My Son’s 1st ‘Hike,’ Dec 20 2014

Postby zippetydude » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:06 pm

Nice shots and Great Job dad! Start 'em young. That backpack reminds me of one I used with my daughter (who is now 21) when I first took her out hiking. She was about your son's size but seemed to love the experience. On one of our hikes, for the first time in her young life, she broke out in a song. Still brings back warm memories. Glad you two got to enjoy the experience together.

z
User avatar
zippetydude
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am

Re: Blue Mountain – My Son’s 1st ‘Hike,’ Dec 20 2014

Postby Sally » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:48 am

Aw, SO CUTE! In a couple of those pics he looks like he is towing YOU up the mountain. Great experience!
User avatar
Sally
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Temecula

Re: Blue Mountain – My Son’s 1st ‘Hike,’ Dec 20 2014

Postby 63ChevyII » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks everyone. I was one proud dad when he kept saying ‘I wanna do it.’
The hill has multiple use trails as well as a road to the top. I can usually only 'trick' my friends into taking the steep route once. Now that my 2 yr old has done it, maybe they'll be more inclined to take the steep route to the top. :lol:
Image
63ChevyII
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 am


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests