Telescope Peak from Shorty's Well 10/11/14

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Telescope Peak from Shorty's Well 10/11/14

Postby Cy Kaicener » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:03 pm

The Sierra Club HPS did a climb from Death Valley to Telescope Pk this past October.

http://www.peakbagger.com/climber/ascen ... aid=467459

Here are pictures from a previous trip on another website -- http://cedarandsand.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... alley.html
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
User avatar
Cy Kaicener
 
Posts: 2236
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 3:50 am
Location: Rialto, California, USA

Re: Telescope Peak from Shorty's Well 10/11/14

Postby Ed » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:23 pm

Either I have memory problems, or the route has changed since 1977. I don't remember leaving the road to the right, or the scree slope, or hitting the trail before the summit. In other words, I remember a route somewhat to the left of the ones described in trip reports now.
Ed
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:04 pm
Location: San Diego Area


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests