Crater Lake National Park

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Crater Lake National Park

Postby HistoricalExplorer » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Wandered to the top of Mt Scott in Crater Lake National Park last week. Beautiful weather and quite a few people on the mountain - for a weekday. The smoke in the background was coming off a forest fire in the park to the right of the view shown here. An inversion was holding the smoke well below the lake. More details when I eventually get the story together at http://explore.globalcreations.com. On the way out, I stopped by the Phantom Ship and shot a timelapse. See it here: http://explore.globalcreations.com/places/phantom-ship/

H.E.

Lake1000wide.jpg
The view from the top.
Global Creations Explore eMagazine introduces the Discover Club - helping you discover and expand your passion for the outdoors. Currently FREE for those that love the outdoors! Check it out: http://discoverclub.net
User avatar
HistoricalExplorer
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Crater Lake National Park

Postby HH8 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:40 pm

most views are taken from the rim of the crater - I like this better
HH8
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:30 am
Location: San Diego

Re: Crater Lake National Park

Postby plockwoo » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:18 pm

I hiked Mt Scott many years ago in the spring, before the snowmelt. It required an ice axe, which kept the casual hikers away, so we had it all to ourselves. Crater Lake is one of the prettiest places I have ever been. The only negative for us was the mosquitos were incredibly thick. Maybe that's just a spring thing though.
PJL
plockwoo
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:44 pm
Location: Penn

Re: Crater Lake National Park

Postby climbant » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:23 pm

I did Mt. Scott while I was a teen, no snow, but brutally cold and windy. I think I left my lips up there, worth it though.
climbant
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:50 am
Location: La Quinta


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests