It's Working Again!

Web site updates, comments, ideas for this message board.

It's Working Again!

Postby Perry » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:09 am

Success! The software has been upgraded to the latest version. Lots of new features, and the search function has been fixed. Thanks again to Keith for giving advice and answering questions, even while he was on vacation.

You may need to reset your password. Go to "Login" in the upper right, then click on "I forgot my password" and enter your username and email address to send a new password to your email. If you later choose to make your own password, it's a good idea to use a password that's very different from anything important like your bank account, PayPal, etc.

If you are a new member, your first post needs to be approved by moderators. This is an effort to eliminate spam from people who are hired to spam message boards. Although we had some good laughs with the nonsense that was posted in the past, it will be nice to have better tools for keeping that stuff off the board. If you see a new member with a web address and you're curious, please use caution in deciding whether to click on it.

Attachments can be up to 1MB in file size. It's always a good idea to run virus scans if you choose to download anything that somebody else uploaded. No executable files please.

I have to stop working on this for now, but I'll continue later this week... Hope everyone enjoys the new forum.
Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Re: It's Working Again!

Postby tekewin » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:25 am

Well done!

New forum looks great and I'm looking forward to using the search again. :D
tekewin

Postby greatshaitan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:17 pm

Huzzah! Way to go!
Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit
http://www.rmru.org/
greatshaitan

Postby bluerail » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Very nice Perry, smells like a new car.
bluerail

Postby zippetydude » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Hi Perry. Thanks for the good work, I like the new look! I noticed that they use the British spelling of "colour" - makes me feel classy just reading it. :D

z
zippetydude

Postby Perry » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:10 pm

:) Too funny.

How is it running for everybody? It's on a new server now, still with GoDaddy. Keith and I noticed it was slow during the day today. Seems to run well at night and early morning. Curious to hear from others on this.

Did anybody not have to change their password? I had to change mine, but Florian did not.

Later this week I'll make some small changes, like switching to American English and adding links to RMRU and the C2C hiking guide.
Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby zippetydude » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:37 pm

No, I didn't have to change my password...I was surprised after the warning but it logged me in just fine. Seems to be working perfectly in every way. I have not noticed any slowness.

z
zippetydude

Postby towbradley » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:07 am

nice job on new layout of site.....logged in with same password with no problems....really missed this forum for update status' on everyones trips. good job.
towbradley

Postby Florian » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:54 pm

Perry wrote:How is it running for everybody? It's on a new server now, still with GoDaddy. Keith and I noticed it was slow during the day today. Seems to run well at night and early morning. Curious to hear from others on this.

Was very slow and basically unusable earlier today (Tuesday) but now in evening is fast and responsive.

-Florian
Florian

Postby Sally » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:59 pm

Thank you for all you do, Perry! It's running faster now, and I was able to log in with my old password. I'm going up to Ontario Peak etc. via Falling rock canyon with Ellen and Marilyn tomorow, and I'm hoping to maybe write a riveting TR if anything is interesting enough after last week's storms.
Sally

Next

Return to Announcements & Feedback