Hiker Rescued after SIX long days in the Wilderness

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Postby Hikin_Jim » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:40 pm

Agreed, Ed.

The SPOT for me went over my price point, but for those who can afford it and are willing to take the risk that some messages will not get out, I don't begrudge them their choice.

I think the ideal would be a group where one person has a SPOT, one person has a PLB, one person has a Ham radio, and one person has a satellite phone. :)

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Postby Florian » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:07 pm

Hikin_Jim wrote:I think the ideal would be a group where one person has a SPOT, one person has a PLB, one person has a Ham radio, and one person has a satellite phone.

I have the ham radio... K2FGB.

-Florian
User avatar
Florian
 
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:49 pm
Location: Palm Springs

Postby cynthia23 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:27 pm

I think the ideal situation for me would be when one person has the PLB, one person has the Spot, one person has the SAT phone, one person has the Ham Radio, and one person has the pitcher of martinis.

I volunteer to be that person.
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: Rancho Mirage

Postby HH8 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:58 am

cynthia23 wrote:I think the ideal situation for me would be when one person has the PLB, one person has the Spot, one person has the SAT phone, one person has the Ham Radio, and one person has the pitcher of martinis.

I volunteer to be that person.


After one of your martinis, would I need to be rescued?
HH8
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:30 am
Location: San Diego

Postby cynthia23 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:32 pm

LOL :)
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: Rancho Mirage

Previous

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests