I like the side trips to pick up the bonus peaks. This is probably the best description of a complete route up Ranier I've seen. Did you not do it in one day to acclimate, or did your party not want to do in one day?
Definitely on my bucket list. Crevasses seem like a real danger all year long, and the whole environment looks very hostile. Nice work.
From your photos, it doesn't look like you guys were roped. I was just wondering what your thoughts were on being roped on glaciers. Bob Burd and his friend were roped, but I can see arguments both ways.
Mountains with permanent glaciers have that extra dimension of danger.
We were roped at all times between Camp Muir and the southeast crater rim, which is where all the glaciers are. Everyone (including the guide groups) unroped for the portion between the southeast crater rim and the summit. The Muir Snowfield does not contain any glacial activity, so roping up there isnt necessary.