19.3 Miles in the San Mateo Wilderness

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Postby neverwashasbeen » Fri May 02, 2014 11:48 am

greatshaitan, I feel your itch. The Technu may work best in the first 24 hours, but it will still help later on, speaking from my own scientific testing :oops:
Happy Trails!
User avatar
neverwashasbeen
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 6:34 am
Location: Palm Springs

Postby HH8 » Sun May 04, 2014 9:04 am

greatshaitan wrote:Poison Oak :) Avoid it or else you will look like me..... Click the link to see, warning, not pretty :twisted:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10157400_10152110084243155_8980975792479893521_n.jpg



You may think you are fine, but it takes 3 days to erupt.
By then it is MUCH too late for technu.
Also, when it is blooming your lungs can fill with pollen.
HH8
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:30 am
Location: San Diego

Postby Hikin_Jim » Sun May 18, 2014 9:24 pm

Pretty cool area. I went to the Santa Ana Mtns yesterday, and it was pretty hot. I wouldn't want to try it on a truly hot day. I'd like to hit the San Mateo Wilderness, but I might wait until this coming Fall or Spring.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Previous

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests