Is anyone hiking Marion Trail to San Jacinto peak

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Is anyone hiking Marion Trail to San Jacinto peak

Postby LuckyYogi » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:29 pm

Is anyone going to San Jacinto Peak before Tuesday, April 8, 2014, and is taking the Marion Trail > Deer Springs > Round Valley Campground route? This may be a stretch to ask, yet could someone trail tape/stack rocks, the last 453ft to the summit?

I went 3 weeks ago without GPS and couldn't find the trail that last bit...also didn't do much research on the trail and didn't know I had to boulder the last couple ft. I know bad planning, yet I work so much and just wanted to get on a damn mountain. That day I just took off and went.

I really want to go this Tuesday as it should be absolutely amazing with the fresh snow.

If all else fails...looking into renting a gps I suppose...

Bwhahha and if you couldn't figure it out...I'm new to this site as of today and new to the San Jacinto mountain. I live in SD.

Thanks in advance,
-Yogi
LuckyYogi

Postby Sally » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:26 pm

That last bit right before the rock pile doesn't have just one distinctive trail, but is kind of a free-for-all. The idea is to just go UP (to the left as you top out at the ridge where the obvious trail ends and you meet up with the junction sign.) The crucial thing is to pay attention coming off the rock pile and back down to the trail without getting discombobulated (I guess a GPS wouldn't hurt, but isn't too necessary.)

You will probably get more responses to your post if you post it to the "San Jacinto - Santa Rosas" category instead of "General Chat"

Have a great time, it will be beautiful!
Sally

Postby LuckyYogi » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:27 pm

Sally wrote:That last bit right before the rock pile doesn't have just one distinctive trail, but is kind of a free-for-all. The idea is to just go UP (to the left as you top out at the ridge where the obvious trail ends and you meet up with the junction sign.) The crucial thing is to pay attention coming off the rock pile and back down to the trail without getting discombobulated (I guess a GPS wouldn't hurt, but isn't too necessary.)

You will probably get more responses to your post if you post it to the "San Jacinto - Santa Rosas" category instead of "General Chat"

Have a great time, it will be beautiful!

Thank you so much for replying! I am to go again i believe monday...I was supposed to go tuesday yet my friend had an EKG review class handed to her last minute :( So now I am hopefully going to hike Monday with someone else. I really want to go soon! Your pictures are absolutely lovely!
LuckyYogi

Return to General Chat