John Muir Trail 2013

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Postby Sally » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Great job on the photos, Ellen. I think you'll like Picasa. It's easy to add captions (hint!)

I think you also fail to mention the lost tweezers from your Swiss Army Knife in your list of "trail donations."

See ya tomorrow :D
User avatar
Sally
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Temecula

Postby towbradley » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:40 am

It was nice to finish reading your trail notes. Just one question.... what is the acronym "pita" ? Am still learning new terms for expressions used of descriptions. :wink:
towbradley
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Postby towbradley » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:18 am

I also somehow missed how the chips got vandalized! :shock:
towbradley
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Postby Ellen » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:46 pm

Howdy TowBradley :)

PITA = pain in the ass.

When I day hiked Whitney last year, a marmot almost crawled up my leg as I was eating pistachios. He distracted me and then fainted to my right and grabbed a bag of potato chips I'd carried up for a friend :lol:

Howdy Z :)

Sally asked me the same question. I am fortunate to have a good memory -- I was too knackered at the end of the day to journal :lol:

I am not as afraid of lightning as I should be. However, I constantly kept track of the duration between flashes and thunder during the showers -- the lightning never got very close. I've been in situations (Pike's Peak Ascent and going up San Gorgonio) where I've seen where it strikes :shock:

It was very dry in Tuolumne -- the swimming hole was much lower :(

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen
 
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:38 am
Location: Riverside, CA

Postby towbradley » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:02 pm

thanks ellen, that's hilarious....both pita and the marmot story. :lol:
towbradley
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Postby cynthia23 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:53 pm

This marmot surely calls for some kind of pun from HJ.

Ellen, another great TR, as always. I'm in permanent awe!
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: Rancho Mirage

Great Read Ellen

Postby Klancey » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:02 am

You are an inspiration to me with all that you accomplish on these jaunts in the Sierra's. I enjoy your refreshing style of writing and vicariously share the trail with you. may there be many more such adventures.

lance.
The man from Outback.
Klancey
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:12 pm
Location: Loma Linda

Postby Hikin_Jim » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:41 am

Ellen wrote:When I day hiked Whitney last year, a marmot almost crawled up my leg as I was eating pistachios. He distracted me and then fainted to my right and grabbed a bag of potato chips I'd carried up for a friend :lol:
Dear Ellen,

It was really nice to see you again this year, but WHERE ARE MY CHIPS?!?

Sincerely yours,

The Marmot.
Image
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Marmot Visits for Lunch

Postby Klancey » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:13 am

It looks like Ms/Mr Marmot needs to join Weightwatchers Ellen,


Lance.
The man from Outback.
Klancey
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:12 pm
Location: Loma Linda

Postby Hikin_Jim » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:32 am

Ellen wrote:Howdy All,

Pictures:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1072116097 ... Trail2013#

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Great photos, Ellen.

By the way, I (finally) put something together on how to post photos from Google.

Hope it's useful.

Speaking of photos, this looks like a Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1. Am I correct?
Image

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

PreviousNext

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest