Brazen critters on San Gorgonio

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Postby Florian » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Here's a photo of me and Vicki in Tamarack Valley with me showing off Vicki's nice pair of Florians ..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fboyd/4828566104/

-St. Florian
User avatar
Florian
 
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:49 pm
Location: Palm Springs

Postby Hikin_Jim » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:34 am

Florian wrote:Here's a photo of me and Vicki in Tamarack Valley with me showing off Vicki's nice pair of Florians ..
Hey, baby, nice Florians. :lol:

(sorry, couldn't resist)

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Postby Florian » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:16 am

Yeah, i noticed the semi double entendre there as i wrote it and almost change the wording but decided to let it stand. :wink:

-Florian
User avatar
Florian
 
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:49 pm
Location: Palm Springs

Postby jfr » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:02 pm

Hikin_Jim wrote:
Florian wrote:Here's a photo of me and Vicki in Tamarack Valley with me showing off Vicki's nice pair of Florians ..
Hey, baby, nice Florians. :lol:

(sorry, couldn't resist)

HJ

Well, she's not shy about showing them off, either. :)

And there's a whole lot of buckthorn plants out on the trail that have seen those Florians up close and personal. :twisted:


Image
User avatar
jfr
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:10 am
Location: 32N 117W

Re: Brazen critters on San Gorgonio

Postby Ellen » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:22 am

I love this board -- learn something new every day.

Somebody get our man a pair of Florian's!!! I'm sure we can needle point "St." above Florian 8)

Florian wrote: Wasn't photoshopped. Florian is a real company that makes clippers and pruners ..

http://floriantools.net/

I don't have my own pair yet. Someday.

-St. Florian
Ellen
 
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:38 am
Location: Riverside, CA

Big Pecker on Dobbs Ridge

Postby Ellen » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:35 am

Howdy All :)

Sally and I headed up the Dobbs ridge to San Gorgonio on Sunday. We encountered a large pecker (wood, that is) :wink: at about 8 K. Had a lovely breeze on the Sky High trail and it actually got nippy on the summit. The squirrels were out in force on the summit of San Gorgonio -- the bravest critter who would sit on my leg and beg had stuff falling out of it's mouth because its cheeks were so full :lol: A more timid critter started to eat pistachios out of my hand -- nibbled my fingertips a few times before figuring out that the nut was in my palm.

We saw many familiar faces from this board at the summit and on the descent down Vivian -- Doreen the Skyline Queen, Indie Jack, Hengst Joe, Kathryn and Rick. The lemon lilies were out in force in the forest just after you cross Vivian creek -- recommend getting out there soon if you want the best show.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen
 
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:38 am
Location: Riverside, CA

Postby Hikin_Jim » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:31 am

Lemon lillies!

Dang, but I'll never make it up Viv. Creek with Joycie on my back. :(

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Postby HH8 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Hikin_Jim wrote:Dang, but I'll never make it up Viv. Creek with Joycie on my back.


Duh, let Joycie ride on your front!
How far up are these famous flowers?
How many steps is that in "little leg" units?
HH8
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:30 am
Location: San Diego

Postby Hikin_Jim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:14 am

Little Joycie is a trooper, but when it comes to steep, daddy invariably winds up doing all the hiking. :lol: Don't think I'll be taking her up Vivian any time soon.

On the summit of Mt. Lewis:
Image

On the summit of Throop Peak:
Image

Hiking is hard work!
Image

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Brazen critters on San Gorgonio

Postby jfr » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:50 pm

Ellen wrote:Hallelujah! Thanks for clearing up the mystery. I was really embarrassed that I couldn't introduce you to my buddy Perry :oops: In addition to being the bloody blonde, I'm also nearsighted.


Well, Ellen, I finally finished sorting through all of my photos, and this one popped out at me:
Image
Ellen and Perry in front of Jepson Peak

I also posted a trip report on our 5-day 4-night Nine Peaks Challenge, but I promised Ranger Bob that I would post it on the San Gorgonio Board:
http://members.boardhost.com/sgva/msg/1343006457.html

Enjoy!
User avatar
jfr
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:10 am
Location: 32N 117W

PreviousNext

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests