Went up Vivian > Dobbs > Sky High Trail > San Gorgonio > Vivian with Perry A yesterday. I LOVE the Dobbs ridge -- it's my summer Skyline replacement
As soon as I pulled out my lunch bag, I had company. Chipmunks or small field squirrels started darting around begging for pistachios. One particularly fearless little critter crawled up my calf and stood on its hind legs on my left knee, begging for food. Since my knee was bent, it lost traction trying to go onto my thigh. I straightened out my legs. I couldn't get the pistachios shelled fast enough -- at one point the little critter was hanging onto my thumb with both front paws as I lifted up my hand. His/her cheeks kept expanding. Perry noted there must a critter's version of Fort Knox somewhere in the summit rocks. On a human note, we met three real nice hikers who were on San G for the first time.
All good things must come to an end, so we packed up and headed down. It became warmer and more humid as we descended. We did our good deed of the day and carted out empty water bottles left on the trail. The area around the dumpster was an absolute mess -- trash strewn everywhere. Completed the day with a great meal at the Oaks restaurant.
Miles of smiles,
Ellen

