Very nice!!! How much (%) of the hike was on snow? As in, enough snow to ski on? Thanks! For example, the slope leading to Trail Crest is clearly skiable.
The snow was consistent from 11,300' on up to Trail Crest. You could stay on skis for that section. The west side is patchy at best. I wouldn't want to ski that
Beautiful pics, thanks for posting. I've never gone up there in the winter...sounds like you went up to Trail Crest and then across, right? What was it like at the windows? Seems like that might have been spooky...
Its a blast this time of year, highly recommend it. The windows aren't too bad really, just beautiful. And yes on the route, straight up and straight across
That was one great TR, Jim. I'm really sorry, but I almost fell out of my chair laughing at your unfortunate encounter with the grouse! They sound like truly evil creatures!
I enjoyed the photography, too. A video of the grouse would have been entertaining, but I suppose you were too busy defending yourself to shoot a video.
Congratulations on making it to the top despite the adversity!