Baldy Quickie

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Baldy Quickie

Postby Ellen » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Howdy All :)

Got in a quick hike up Baldy today 8) Left a bit after 7 AM from Manker flats and went up Register Ridge to Harwood then to Baldy and down the Bowl/Ski hut trail. Compared to my sane hike on Oscar Sunday, it was balmy -- hardly any wind and not cold. I wore shorts and t-shirt for most of the hike. Enjoyed brunch on Baldy while eyeing on the high clouds -- I felt impending snow. Met a really nice guy with a yellow lab at Manker flats and again on the way down the Bowl. Made good time and was back at my car a bit before 12 noon. There is still ice on the switchbacks dropping into the bowl. Although I had microspikes, I was able to avoid the icy sections. Conditions may change with the predicted snow/high winds tomorrow.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen
 
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:38 am
Location: Riverside, CA

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests