Today's Snow Creek Ride

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Today's Snow Creek Ride

Postby HikerBlatt » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Bicycles don't kill people, cars do.
http://desertroadkill.blogspot.com/
User avatar
HikerBlatt
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:31 pm
Location: Palm Springs, CA

Postby bluerail » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:22 pm

HB wrote "Cool clear morning with barely a breeze, went out to Snow Creek Rd. I was at the turn around point of a very nice ride at the top of the village when a car approached and stopped with the driver indicating she wanted to talk to me. When I stopped, she pointed a camera at my face and took my photo, then proceeded to tell me I couldn't ride there and that if I did she would call the police. I told her that for the location the sheriff would be more appropriate and that I would wait there with her for them to come if she wanted. I told her I didn't think they would think I was a high priority. We didn't like each other's attitude and she finished up by telling me "You are an old man who never grew up." I like to think that maybe she is right about that."

........there is something in the water up that road. what the HELL is wrong with people ?


<<<< may you stay forever young >>>>
User avatar
bluerail
 
Posts: 2108
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:30 am
Location: La Quinta

snow creek loco locals

Postby munmile » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:40 am

every village has it's idiot. you found ours!
munmile
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:02 pm
Location: Snow creek

Postby HikerBlatt » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks for the support. "I'll be back!" The residents of Snow Creek are lucky to live in about the most beautiful location in our basin. I'm glad to make the occasional respectful pass through.
Bicycles don't kill people, cars do.
http://desertroadkill.blogspot.com/
User avatar
HikerBlatt
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:31 pm
Location: Palm Springs, CA

Postby TacoDelRio » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:51 pm

That is terrible. :-( If I had my photo taken like that, I'd lose it. Do they have the right to do that?

I'm sorry such a stupid thing happened to you. We'll have it fixed someday... Cheers
User avatar
TacoDelRio
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:39 pm

Postby Florian » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:23 pm

I want to ride through Snow Creek now. HikerBlatt, want to ride together some time?

-Florian
User avatar
Florian
 
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:49 pm
Location: Palm Springs

Postby Perry » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:22 pm

This would be fun to watch on YouTube... Can you guys take a video camera and interview this lady?
"And he knows those computers better than anybody, all those computers, those vote-counting computers. And we ended up winning Pennsylvania like in a landslide, so, it was pretty good, it was pretty good, so thank you to Elon!"
-Donald Trump
User avatar
Perry
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1525
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:01 pm
Location: Palm Springs, CA

Postby tomcat_rc » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Why not take a photo of the mad photographer. After all - it is a free country. People are less inclined to act badly when they know they are being photographed.
tomcat_rc
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:57 am


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests