I, too, use Merrell Moab Ventilators for Skyline. Love 'em!
I have a pair of Montrail Torre GTX that I use for crampons, snowshoes, and backpacking. They are a little heavier than I'd like, but are very comfortable and versatile.
Well, on the strength of the recommendations here, I picked up a pair of Ventilators this evening. Hopefully they'll work for my skinny feet.Sally wrote:I, too, use Merrell Moab Ventilators for Skyline. Love 'em!
I have a pair of Montrail Torre GTX that I use for crampons, snowshoes, and backpacking. They are a little heavier than I'd like, but are very comfortable and versatile.
Hikin_Jim wrote:Well, on the strength of the recommendations here, I picked up a pair of Ventilators this evening. Hopefully they'll work for my skinny feet.Sally wrote:I, too, use Merrell Moab Ventilators for Skyline. Love 'em!
I have a pair of Montrail Torre GTX that I use for crampons, snowshoes, and backpacking. They are a little heavier than I'd like, but are very comfortable and versatile.
HJ
I went with the low tops. The mids looked nice, but for really heavy duty XC, I'll probably stick with my heavier Lowa Trekkers. For on trail stuff, the low tops should be good. I've done a lot of hiking with running shoes or low top hikers. They work well, and that light weight really helps you fly.ohiker wrote:Hikin_Jim- did you go with the Low top Ventilators, or the Mids?
A little Sno Seal will take care of that light brown.ohiker wrote:Also FYI, for those who prefer the darker Brown version of this boot (see link above), Adventure 16 has them in stock -- REI carries the light Brown
I picked up a pair of Moab Ventilators a couple of weeks ago. Top marks. Light, comfortable, not a lot of crap getting in them. Surprisingly, my feet are pretty clean afterwards when I've worn them. I've only worn them a few times so far, but I'm really liking them.Hikin_Jim wrote:Well, on the strength of the recommendations here, I picked up a pair of Ventilators this evening. Hopefully they'll work for my skinny feet.Sally wrote:I, too, use Merrell Moab Ventilators for Skyline. Love 'em!
I have a pair of Montrail Torre GTX that I use for crampons, snowshoes, and backpacking. They are a little heavier than I'd like, but are very comfortable and versatile.
HJ
Return to Outdoors-Related Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests