Granite Mountain Anza Borrego TR

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Granite Mountain Anza Borrego TR

Postby harryquach » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:12 am

Got to experience snow in Anza Borrego

http://socalpeaks.com/2011/02/granite-mountain/
User avatar
harryquach
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:40 pm
Location: San Diego

Postby Sally » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:50 am

Beautiful, Harry. Glad you got to play in the snow this weekend!
User avatar
Sally
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Temecula

Postby cab » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:03 am

Nice TR and great pictures! I hiked up Granite Mountain on Sunday afternoon (after climbing Whale Peak in the morning) and saw your tracks in the snow. We must have just missed each other. Thanks for breaking trail!

I lost my trekking poles on the way down so if anyone is heading up, please keep an eye out for them. Thanks in advance.
User avatar
cab
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:31 pm
Location: Brea, CA

Postby harryquach » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:41 am

cab wrote:Nice TR and great pictures! I hiked up Granite Mountain on Sunday afternoon (after climbing Whale Peak in the morning) and saw your tracks in the snow. We must have just missed each other. Thanks for breaking trail!

I lost my trekking poles on the way down so if anyone is heading up, please keep an eye out for them. Thanks in advance.


I know our route down the mountain on Sunday was interesting. It was difficult finding the easiest way through the snow covering everything.
User avatar
harryquach
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:40 pm
Location: San Diego

Postby Florian » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:55 pm

I was surprised you spent the night up there in the snowstorm! Not something i'd want to do myself. :(

-Florian
User avatar
Florian
 
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:49 pm
Location: Palm Springs


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests