4 Half Dome Permits for 8-28 Available for Free

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

4 Half Dome Permits for 8-28 Available for Free

Postby Rumpled » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:56 pm

4 Half Dome Permits for 8-28 Available for Free I wasn't sure what area fit this, so it goes general. In case you don't know; you now need a permit to hike Half Dome on Fri-Sun and holidays. I have 4 such permits for a dayhike on Sat 8-28; but due to something about a messed up thumb, won't be able to do the hike.  I didn't have any buds lined up for it and then got hurt. The permits can't be sold, but CAN be transferred. I'm offering these up to anyone who wants them - you'll just need to mail me a SASE.  (and maybe buy me a beer if we ever meet   ) I'll be posting this on a few different forums, first to email me or PM me can have them. As of the last time I checked, there were no available campsites in the valley for that weekend - so you'd have some logistics to figure out. http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/hdpermits.htm http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/hdfaq.htm From the FAQ Are the permits transferable? Yes. You can give a permit to anyone else, but each permit can only be used once. Permits cannot be resold or auctioned.
User avatar
Rumpled
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:15 am

Postby tomcat_rc » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Are you sure permits are required for Friday. The original information posted listed Saturday and Sunday.
tomcat_rc
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:57 am

Postby Rumpled » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Tomcat_rc
Yes, permits are needed on Fridays. Follow the links in my first post to verify that.
User avatar
Rumpled
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:15 am


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest