Introducing the (relatively ) new Coachella Valley H3

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Introducing the (relatively ) new Coachella Valley H3

Postby Drag » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:58 pm

Hello, everyone!

I've been busy spreading the word of this new club and left a business card on a car by the "Bump" trail in Palm Desert. Bluerail directed me to this message board and I'm grateful for access to the forum.

A new trail running club has been formed here in Coachella Valley. We are the Coachella Valley Hash House Harriers, a.k.a. the "Drinking club with a trail running problem". What this means is that we run several miles in the hills and gather at the end for some camaraderie and a cold one.

I'm transplanted here from the San Diego area where there are nearly twenty Hashing groups and you can enjoy this activity sometimes as often as ten times a week. I'm guessing that the 250K+ population in the desert cities here will support such a group too. Please visit www.cvh3.net to learn about our group, our next trail and in Hashing in general. In a nutshell, Hashing started in 1938 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia by British ex-patriots seeking exercise and camaraderie. In the 71 years that have followed Hashing has spread to all corners of the world.

You'll find that the social aspect of what we do is the centerpiece. Running and partying are also big factors. My contact information is near the bottom of the home page on the site so please look into it and be in touch if you're interested in this not-so-new twist on trail running!
ON-ON, Drag
Drag

Postby Rumpled » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:11 pm

Drag,
See you in March?

ONON
Rumpled
Rumpled

Postby brad » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:04 pm

Sounds like fun, look forward to seeing more info for the Dec. 5 Hash, I guess that is what you call it.
brad

Postby Florian » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:42 pm

I just read the hashing intro here .. http://web.me.com/glennnn/CVH3_09/Whats_up.html

It mentions marking routes with chalk. I've noticed some chalked arrows on trails around Palm Springs recently. Not sure if these are from your hash runs or just someone goofing around. But if the marks are from your hash runs you guys should make an effort to wash off the markings afterwards. It rains so rarely here that the markings will remain a long time.

-Florian
Florian

Postby bluerail » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Glad you made your way to the board Glenn, and welcome! There are plenty lunatics here and I'm sure you'll pick some up. Just watch out for Brad...I'm not sure about that guy.

Nice talking on the phone today, and hope to get in on some runs. I think the chalk is flour, right? Maybe some of the critters will benefit.

You in Brad? I'm up for it as long as it doesnt get in the way of skyline.
bluerail

Postby brad » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:41 am

I'm up for almost anything as long as beer is waiting at the end. Look forward to see what is up on Dec. 5

B
brad

Postby zippetydude » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Hey, is it me or does that site bog / crash other people's computers? I'm interested, but I can't seem to get the site to work normally.

By the way, who in the heck runs in the desert at 2:69 p.m.? 2:69 a.m. I can see, that's roughly what time we started at Snow Creek. But in the heat of the day?

If anyone has a chance to go on the 5th, post how it goes! I'll be in Ridgecrest for a 50k, but I'd like to hear more.

z
zippetydude

Postby bluerail » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Its just you zip....probably is related to your cell phone that never gets answered. thank goodness you have that stable of really cute operators that answer your home phone.
bluerail

Postby lilbitmo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:49 pm

zippetydude wrote:By the way, who in the heck runs in the desert at 2:69 p.m.? 2:69 a.m.
z
If anyone owns a watch/clock or other device that even has 69 minutes I'm living on the wrong Planet :D :shock:
lilbitmo

Postby zippetydude » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:19 pm

lilbitmo wrote:
zippetydude wrote:By the way, who in the heck runs in the desert at 2:69 p.m.? 2:69 a.m.
z
If anyone owns a watch/clock or other device that even has 69 minutes I'm living on the wrong Planet :D :shock:

That's not a typo - check the site. It's part of the zany way they approach their passtime. Like their saying about being "A drinking club with a trailrunning problem". Seems like it might be a fun group.

Steve: I'm trying to get better about the cell phone thing. I've got a new cell phone now, so I can actually see the numbers and read the texts. That helps, but I'm always having to turn it off so it doesn't interrupt conferences, then I forget to turn it back on...if you notice, I always call you back right away!

z
zippetydude

Next

Return to General Chat