REI Stoke 19 pack

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

REI Stoke 19 pack

Postby Florian » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm

I just bought an REI Stoke 19 and i'm really happy with it. Link to catalog page here .. http://www.rei.com/product/762532

I tested it out Sunday by hiking to the Skyline 4300' level and back. I had 2 quarts in the bladder and 3 quart bottles inside for a total of 5 quarts. (I only used 2 quarts but wanted to see how the pack did fully loaded.) Went for a second hike this morning in the hills south of Palm Springs. The waist belt really keeps the weight off my back. I hardly knew i was carrying 10 pounds of water. Nice comfortable pack for a good price.

-Florian
User avatar
Florian
 
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:49 pm
Location: Palm Springs

Postby magikwalt » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:40 pm

Nice looking pack Florian. Sort of has that GoLite look to it. I like that it has the haul loop on top and the diagonal flex pouches on the sides.
User avatar
magikwalt
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Palm Springs

Postby KathyW » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:31 am

REI has a 20% coupon right now - the code to use it online is FALLDEAL
KathyW
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:17 pm

Postby EnFuego » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:26 pm

That looks like a pretty nice pack. I've been looking for something similar. Something small, but not too small. I just bought an REI Flash 18 (black/grey) and although it works nicely for light and fast hikes, I don't like the fact that the water bladder pocket has no clasp at the top to hold the water bladder up.

Does the Stoke pack have any sort of clasp(s) at the top of the bladder pocket to keep the bladder upright?

Thanks.
If you're not living on the edge,
you're taking up too much room!
User avatar
EnFuego
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:27 am
Location: Seal Beach, Ca

Postby Florian » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:39 pm

EnFuego wrote:Does the Stoke pack have any sort of clasp(s) at the top of the bladder pocket to keep the bladder upright?

It has a loop in the center that my Camelbak can hang on. It also has two clips about 4" apart for the type of bladder that has two hanging holes.

-Florian
User avatar
Florian
 
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:49 pm
Location: Palm Springs

Postby Florian » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:05 pm

A follow-up comment: I didn't even notice the hanging loop for the Camelbak at first and made two hikes without hanging the bladder. Worked fine and the bladder didn't seem to shift or sag.

-Florian
User avatar
Florian
 
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:49 pm
Location: Palm Springs

Postby EnFuego » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:37 am

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I should check this pack out.

Thanks.
If you're not living on the edge,
you're taking up too much room!
User avatar
EnFuego
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:27 am
Location: Seal Beach, Ca


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 6 guests