Forsee Creek Trail

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Forsee Creek Trail

Postby magikwalt » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:24 pm

Ellen had provided Jean and I with the info about Forsee Creek being tree covered almost all the way. It is. We met Ellen at the Mill Creek Ranger station at 6:30am on Saturday and rode together to the trailhead.

There were a few cars ahead of us but we encountered no one on the trail during the acsent. Jean set a brutal pace as Ellen and I tried to catch up with each others goings ons. We made it to the Ridge Divide Trail in 3 hours, bagged Anderson and then had lunch. The views were clear and clean. No sign of the fires or anything else to worry the skies. 60º was the starting temp at the TH which was perfect since we left Palm Springs in high humidity at 90º before sunrise.

The rangers at Mill Creek recommended the Oak House as a place to eat and we really enjoyed it. The menu said Chili Verde SPICEY and it was. I thought I made good chili but this stuff is excellent. It is spicey.

Jean and I enjoyed catching up with Ellen and hearing first hand of her trip on the JMT. As I expected she confirmed that big backpack gets in the way of good hiking.

Anyone looking for a smooth climbing 6.5 mile tree covered route we highly recommend Forsee Creek Trail in Angelus Oaks.
User avatar
magikwalt
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Palm Springs

Thanks Walt and Jean!

Postby Ellen » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:33 pm

Howdy Walt (aka Duke),

Thanks so much for your and Jean's wonderful company on Forsee 8) I also really appreciated the rehydration beverage at lunch :wink: Jean's pace was perfect and I look forward to doing Skyline with her this fall.
Also appreciate your and Jean's medical assitance following my bone-head fall on the rocky trail at the beginning of the descent.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen

PS If anyone see a good bit of blood on a rock on the left side of the trail that leaves from the sky high ridge to connect with Forsee, don't worry. I was just leaving my mark on the trail :lol:
Ellen
 
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:38 am
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: Thanks Walt and Jean!

Postby Hikin_Jim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:10 pm

Ellen wrote:Howdy Walt (aka Duke),

Thanks so much for your and Jean's wonderful company on Forsee 8) I also really appreciated the rehydration beverage at lunch :wink: Jean's pace was perfect and I look forward to doing Skyline with her this fall.
Also appreciate your and Jean's medical assitance following my bone-head fall on the rocky trail at the beginning of the descent.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen

PS If anyone see a good bit of blood on a rock on the left side of the trail that leaves from the sky high ridge to connect with Forsee, don't worry. I was just leaving my mark on the trail :lol:
Ellen, it's time to go back to heavy brush. At least then when you fall, the brush will cushion the impact. :lol:
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Postby Ellen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Howdy Jim,

:) :) :) Well, at least I avoided the demonic cougars...

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen
 
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:38 am
Location: Riverside, CA


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 6 guests