AlanK wrote:FIGHT ON wrote:Zé wrote:<smacks forehead>
what do you define as cheating? what things? how do you differentiate between foods?
cheating is taking stimulants to enhance performance.
caffeine is one. What stimulants do you take to enhance your performance?
Does caffeine have any nutritional value?
Cheating is violating rules. There are rules in sports so there is cheating. Finding the "rules of hiking" is problematic because there is no governing body for the sport of hiking. There is certainly no governing body that has made caffeine illegal. In fact, caffeine is legal in Olympic sports. You can pontificate all you want about your personal rules, but there are no consequences for not following them. Except for endless, repetitive Internet message board threads.
naw, taking drugs to enhance performance is cheating. 100%. doesn't matter who says it isn't. I ain't gonna suck into the "Well caffeine is legal in the olympics, therefore it's not cheating"

Not me! no way. You can take all the drugs you want to do what ever you do.
I will NEVER take a drug to enhance my performance. Ever!
you could offer me a trillion dollars do to it. and I would turn it down.
That's right!
I would not drink a cup of coffee before a hike for a trillion dollars.
something tells me you would, for vanity!
