It's Working Again!

Web site updates, comments, ideas for this message board.

Re: It's Working Again!

Postby cynthia23 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:43 pm

It is a tad slow to load, but I think it's better. Thank you so much for all your work, Perry, and all others who worked on this project. I really appreciate having this board, both as a practical resource and as a source of community.
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23

Postby greatshaitan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:28 am

Running much faster now! :D
Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit
http://www.rmru.org/
greatshaitan

Postby Perry » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:56 pm

cynthia23 wrote:I really appreciate having this board, both as a practical resource and as a source of community.

Cynthia, I feel the same way. There are a lot of genuine friendships formed through online hiking message boards and meeting on the trails. And the fact that Hikin Jim got his wedding ring back after losing it in the wilderness says a lot about hikers in general.

It seems the forum is running okay now. Usable, though not as quick as it used to be. Night, early morning, and weekends seem to be the best times. I started researching other web hosts. Transferring to a new web host will be a project, though not as difficult as the software upgrade was. I found a web host that allows third-party donations. Still need to do more research...

Adding links to the top is more complicated with the newer version of the software. I did some research, saw different answers, got error messages when I tried them. It was late, and I was tired. This will take more time to do...
Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:41 am

Excellent Perry. Thanks again for all the work you put into this forum. Very much appreciated!
Andy

Previous

Return to Announcements & Feedback