Hi, im new...

Web site updates, comments, ideas for this message board.

Hi, im new...

Postby 93ludegirl » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:07 pm

Well, i didnt see a new user intro place here...so im sayin Hello in this forum :D Im torrey and i live in palm springs and I hike and run about 45-50 miles a week out here in coachella valley. I only know one person who does that much trail running/hiking, so I joined this sight in hopes of meeting more hikers n runners. I hike and run 5 or 6 days a week. On my easy days i only do 7 or 8 miles in bout 90 minutes, but 1 or 2 times a week I go 16-20 in bout 5-7 hrs. hope to meet and get to hike with some of you. I nomally am on south lykken on the easy days, or behind murray peak, or do bump n grind to cross to hop along to schey to art smith to dunn and back on a long day. or art smith to/across dunn to hahn buena vista to fern to vons for my 20+ days.
I also hit up the la quinta cove area sometimes, and do ramon to top of tram...but i dont picnic on that, my usual time is 6-6 1/2 hrs. to top.....the reason im posting how much i do and time is because i want to meet other hikers who are serious and wont...um...well, wana stop/act like its a nature walk....i say this because ive tried other hiking sites and met up with people...but theyve been really slow or only wanted to do 2-5 miles....I want to meet fun trail runners n hikers who think going 16 miles in 5 hrs is FUN, not hard, lol, :)
93ludegirl

Postby Hikin_Jim » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Well, you're in the right place. Not me personally you understand :) but there are plenty of that ilk that are on this board.

Try posting in the "Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains" section for best results. This section here doesn't get as much traffic.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Postby lilbitmo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:30 am

93ludegirl - As Hiking Jim indicated there are plenty of folks here that can do times and distances you mentioned, if you do the Skyline Trail from the museum you will meet some of them on that trail. Next time you do the Ramon Trail take a few picture (no picnicing but just some pictures) and post a trip report it with some of the highlights you will get responses.

Welcome to the board, hopefully some of the more aggressive (time wise) hikers and trail runners will pipe in and introduce themselves. For the past two years there's been a double or triple climb of the Skyline trail on the same day and that's a good time to meet the more "high speed" (for lack of better term) hikers, trail runners. They usually do that in late Oct or the first weekend of Nov to beat the snow season and avoid the near lethal conditions of the heat in other seasons.

Hope to see you on the trail - :D
lilbitmo

Postby 93ludegirl » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:43 pm

Ok, cool. And I will check out the other san jacinto topics, I already got pics to post too. thanx guys for the info :D
93ludegirl

Postby zippetydude » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi! Welcome. If you're doing Skyline in 6-6 1/2, you'll find lots of people here with that pace. If you like to press the pace, there are some other women here who do 5 or even sub 5 hour pace, and it's a friendly crew here too! Anyway, like HJ mentioned, you might cut and paste your greeting to the main topic so everyone will have a chance to say hi.

z
zippetydude

Postby 93ludegirl » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:21 am

Ok, I moved it to the main area. :D
93ludegirl

Re: Hi, im new...

Postby toluco » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:52 am

Hi. Torrey my name is Carlos and I'm a trail runner I live in San Diego I'll be trying to do c2c on May 6 i don't have any idea how much time is gonna take me I went to Palm springs 2 months ago and while I was there I went for a two hours run uphill on the skyline trail and I made it to the 4200 ft elevation mark so I don't know how much of the trail was left if someone has any idea and can help me with that it'll be great so if you want to join me doing the trail you can contact me thank you!
toluco

Postby Carnivore » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:34 am

This is my first post, so I figured I'd stop by and say hi! I've summited San Jacinto before but never did C2C.
Carnivore

Postby David W » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:50 pm

@zippitydude
David W

Return to Announcements & Feedback