Ease of use issues sending PMs

Web site updates, comments, ideas for this message board.

Ease of use issues sending PMs

Postby Norris » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:47 pm

I clicked on the PM button for somebody else's post, entered a message and clicked send, but ended up sending myself a message. I had to overtype the recipient name to finally make it work. Why is my own username the default recipient when I click the pm button on someone else's post? Am I doing something wrong?
Norris

Re: Ease of use issues sending PMs

Postby AlanK » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Norris wrote:I clicked on the PM button for somebody else's post, entered a message and clicked send, but ended up sending myself a message. I had to overtype the recipient name to finally make it work. Why is my own username the default recipient when I click the pm button on someone else's post? Am I doing something wrong?

I just tried it on your post and you came up as the recipient. Your mileage may vary, but I don't know why. :cry:
AlanK

Postby Norris » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:55 am

I just tried it again, I clicked on the "pm" button for a post by Chris in the thread about skyline Nov 6, and my own username shows up in the "to" box in the pm screen. I have to overtype it, from memory, with the desired recipient's username. Further, if I fail to supply a subject, it redisplays the screen with an error message saying subject is required, and RESETS THE USERNAME back to me! So, even if I fix it once, if I forget to fix it the second time after typing a subject, I end up sending to myself.
Norris

Postby Norris » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:42 pm

This is fixed now, sent a pm in reply to a message yesterday and the recipient was set correctly.
Norris

Return to Announcements & Feedback