How to shit in the woods

Reviews and discussion. For sale, wanted, trades, donations. Online deals.

Postby Hikin_Jim » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:36 am

lol. Hey, some of these puns aren't half bad. I had forgotten a few of these threads.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Re: How to shit in the woods

Postby towbradley » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:40 pm

I've always been under the assumption that its best to leave no trace when ever possible... The pcta site just did a few short articles a few months or so ago on this subject matter because of the amount of poo and paper that's being found on or near the tail. And besides, those party streamers are gross when not buried properly or swift weather rains it out. Just a thought.
towbradley

Postby towbradley » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:33 am

I cant believe I missed all the fun on page 2......looks like everything was covered and it all came out in the end, kinda nutty, solid conversation........no smell my finger puns? i'll wash my hands of :shock: this subject.....
towbradley

Postby Brian » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:38 pm

Buy green or brown toilet paper to help it blend into the environment. In the 70's and 80's you could buy it in colors that matched your bathroom design, but I guess the dyes are not good either. Watch what you eat 1-2 days before hiking and you might not have to go. Use leaves or grasses, or like my dogs, use nothing. He he.

I always carry a Wag Bag in my 10+ essentials kit. You can get them for $3 each at REI or buy a dozen and give them out for Halloween on Skyline. This way you can leave no trace.
Brian

Previous

Return to Outdoor Gear & Apparel, Food, Books