Bill Ewasko found?

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Re: Bill Ewasko found?

Postby RichardK » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:30 am

Was a coroner's report ever issued? I would like to know if the skeletal remains showed any signs of injury. Perhaps a broken bone or skull fracture were observed.
RichardK

Postby Ric Capucho » Sun May 01, 2022 3:05 am

wbrokob wrote:I was one of the group that discovered the remains. I am curious whether anyone has heard anything on a positive ID of the remains. Hard to imagine any other outcome , but it is weird that there was lots of press for a week, followed by crickets.

Hi wbrokob!

Curious about a few things, all a little less macabre:

Any signs of clothing, hat or whatever, and what colour or colours?
Did you see any empty water bottles? Anything else other than the backpack?

Ric
Ric Capucho

Postby Ric Capucho » Sun May 01, 2022 3:10 am

As we found with the Orbeso/Nguyen case, the coroner report may take a while, and once available it will likely need paying for a copy.

Ric
Ric Capucho

Postby wbrokob » Mon May 02, 2022 11:07 am

I had reached out through the contact page of the SBSD website mostly out of curiosity. I was actually shocked when I got the call.

We saw no clothing, just the backpack.

There was a small 12-16 oz (I think) single use plastic water bottle near the pack.

I did not ask about an actual report...he did say that they had lots of much more recently deceased folks around the same time :D
wbrokob

Postby curiousperson » Wed May 04, 2022 11:38 am

Not much to add. I reached out to SBSD via my law enforcement email address, but received no more information than has already been shared. From my own death investigations, I can confirm that coroner's reports can take quite a while.

To Tom and other incredible folks that searched for Bill:

I'm glad Bill was brought home. I've been following this story since 2014. I appreciate that Tom took the time to find Bill's resting place *and* take photos of the site when he felt it was respectful to do so. Seeing where Bill ended up was cathartic. It felt like a bittersweet epilogue to this 12 year journey.

Appreciate everyone's efforts, and look forward to further information (if there's any to be had).
curiousperson

Previous

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics