Solar Eclipse Syndrome

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Solar Eclipse Syndrome

Postby Wildhorse » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:21 pm

After hiking Cowles yesterday evening, I saw a friend who had a day full of calamities. Her leg was bandaged for a cut, her knee was bruised from banging it into a rock and her back was hurting from another injury. She sighed, "I am glad the eclipse is over."

Personally, I visited a chiropracter during the beginning of the eclipse, simultaneous alignments, if you will. Walking back home, I passed some construction workers looking through a couple of welding lenses at the sun. They offered me a look. It was at its peak, a beautiful green crescent.

Several blocks ahead I saw a couple planting flowers. It has been said for centuries that such flowers will bloom profusely. I saw a friend a couple of blocks further up the street watering his garden and mentioned the saying about flowers. He said something like "humbug, superstition." He said he had not bothered to look at the eclipse.

I enjoyed the lower intensity of the light while it lasted and observed the world during the eclipse. I wish they came more often, without calamity though.

Did you see anthing interesting?
Wildhorse

Re: Solar Eclipse Syndrome

Postby Sose » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:46 pm

I was making my way through the valley to Tahquitz peak and it reminded me of how the sun looks from high altitude aircraft. The most noticeable thing was that the temperature became much cooler during the peak time and immediately warmer towards the end.
Sose

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics