Another Missing Person in Joshua Tree National Park

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Another Missing Person in Joshua Tree National Park

Postby Perry » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:40 pm

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/201 ... /86653142/

It appears that the missing man or his body has not been found yet because I can't find any newer articles. He disappeared on the hottest day of the year (June 20), and they found his car on July 1. Strange. Even if nobody reported him missing, seems that a car sitting around without a current permit would attract attention, especially considering the hot weather, so I'm guessing the vehicle was in a location that is rarely visited by the park staff. There aren't many details released. It's unclear whether the camera saw him (or somebody else) driving his vehicle into the park and whether he told anybody that he was going hiking.
Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Re: Another Missing Person in Joshua Tree National Park

Postby OtherHand » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:00 am

There isn't much info available about this incident, but I was able to find that his car was found "abandoned " in the Juniper Flats area. I take this to mean the Juniper Flats trailhead area. The road out to Keys View was closed for a day or so during the search, possibly for air operations. My sense is that this isn't a missing hiker but rather a possible suicide.
OtherHand

Postby Perry » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:49 pm

Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby woey777 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:03 am

the missing person mike rodriguez was my one of my best friends....I hope to god hes at a hotel somewhere just kicking back....if someone did harm cause harm to my friemd I hope the worst to u...but for now I believe mike is still alive...
woey777

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics