slot canyon in Indain cove JTree

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

slot canyon in Indain cove JTree

Postby drndr » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:47 pm

https://www.facebook.com/tim.tousseau/videos/853719864710024/?pnref=story

This is the slot canyon i believe that leads into Rattlesnake canyon. Most water I've ever seen there!!
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
drndr
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:10 am
Location: Riverside

Re: slot canyon in Indain cove JTree

Postby neverwashasbeen » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:42 pm

Looks like enough water to wash out a bridge.
Happy Trails!
User avatar
neverwashasbeen
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 6:34 am
Location: Palm Springs

Re: slot canyon in Indain cove JTree

Postby zippetydude » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:11 am

Wow Dan! Thanks for the post! I wonder what the slots looked like over at Mecca? After our trip I went back and found several more...I wonder if it strips most of the sand out of them and leaves bare rock on the floor...maybe if the weather is clear I'll take a drive out there soon and see. Cool post, thanks again.

z
User avatar
zippetydude
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am

Re: slot canyon in Indain cove JTree

Postby drndr » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:11 pm

Howdy Zip.

I would not want to be in the grottos during a storm that would dump that much water. But it would be fun to be up top looking down.

D
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
drndr
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:10 am
Location: Riverside


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests