Page 1 of 1

Updated Lake Fire Closure Area Map

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:10 pm
by Hikin_Jim
Based on the US Forest Service's recent announcement modifying the Lake Fire closure area, I created a marked up topo map on my blog that shows more precisely which peaks and places are/are not now closed.

HJ

Re: Updated Lake Fire Closure Area Map

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:47 am
by arocknoid
Jim, thanks for the selfless effort with all your updates and info. This clarifying map should be helpful for many folks pining to get back on the Gorgo trails. My single scheduled three day hike for SoCal this summer was scrubbed the week of Juneteenth, dagnabit.

I hope to scramble up a mid-week hike on San G in the next few days, pending a juggling of schedule. Hope to see you on the hills,

kind regards,
arocknoid

Re: Updated Lake Fire Closure Area Map

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:58 am
by Hikin_Jim
Well, thank you.

I thought it might be useful to have a more detailed map. Particularly for off trail peaks like Dragon's Head Peak and Pi Peak, it's nice to know they're "legal" again.

HJ

Re: Updated Lake Fire Closure Area Map

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:37 pm
by 63ChevyII
Thanks for all of your work on this HJ!

Re: Updated Lake Fire Closure Area Map

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:25 pm
by Hikin_Jim
You're welcome.

There was some discussion as to whether peaks like Dragons Head Peak were open or not, so I plotted it out on a topo so I could see exactly what was in vs. what was out of the closure area. I figured I could just share the map, and voila! blog post. :)

HJ