Page 1 of 1

HST, Day 2 – Bearpaw Meadow to Precipice Lake 6/18/15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:49 pm
by 63ChevyII
One of my toughest days ever on the trail, but also one of the most rewarding. I went from thinking "what the heck am I doing out here" to "wow, I can't wait to come back" in just a few minutes.

Details and full photo gallery (75 photos) is posted here:
High Sierra Trail, Day 2 – Bearpaw Meadow to Precipice Lake, June 18 2015

Hamilton Towers
Image

At the top of Hamilton Creek Waterfall
Image

Angels Wings
Image

Hamilton Gorge Tunnel
Image

Sunset
Image

Precipice Lake
Image

Not a bad spot to camp...
Image

Re: HST, Day 2 – Bearpaw Meadow to Precipice Lake 6/18/15

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:26 pm
by Sally
Your write-up and photos were most enjoyable, as always! I am sorry to hear about so much physical suffering, but I bet seeing Precipice Lake made up for it. Many of my favorite adventures have included pain. I guess pain is sometimes the price of admission to some of the wilderness' best attractions.

Re: HST, Day 2 – Bearpaw Meadow to Precipice Lake 6/18/15

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:35 pm
by zippetydude
Sally wrote: Many of my favorite adventures have included pain.


I absolutely love that line! And, after all, you are friends with Ellen... :wink:

63chevy: Gorgeous photos - makes me wanna get back out there soooooooooooooooo bad!

z

Re: HST, Day 2 – Bearpaw Meadow to Precipice Lake 6/18/15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:15 pm
by 63ChevyII
Sally wrote: Many of my favorite adventures have included pain. I guess pain is sometimes the price of admission to some of the wilderness' best attractions.

Thanks Sally, that's a great line by the way. I may have to use it on a hike with my buddies... I will of course make sure there aren't any rocks or sharp sticks within reach before saying it!


zippetydude wrote:63chevy: Gorgeous photos - makes me wanna get back out there soooooooooooooooo bad!

z


Thanks Z. I want to get back out there too!

Re: HST, Day 2 – Bearpaw Meadow to Precipice Lake 6/18/15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:24 am
by Hikin_Jim
63ChevyII wrote:"pain is the price of admission to wilderness' best attractions."
I may have to use it on a hike with my buddies... I will of course make sure there aren't any rocks or sharp sticks within reach before saying it!


:lol:

HJ