Page 1 of 1

Half Dome Attempt, May 23 2015

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:46 pm
by 63ChevyII
No summit, but a good day still.

Trip report and 30+ photos are posted here:
http://www.hikinggeek.com/2015/05/27/ha ... y-23-2015/

Here are some highlights:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Half Dome Attempt, May 23 2015

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:31 am
by zippetydude
Wow, I did it on a bright sunny day and the rock was still so smooth I found my feet sliding even though I was holding the cables. Rain turns the whole thing to madness. Glad you had fun anyway. BTW if you do it again, I'd recommend starting at Tenaya and working your way down past Clouds Rest and on over to Halfdome. I loved that approach, and it lets you avoid the heat of the valley and the Stairs of Cirith Ungol on the way up.

z

Re: Half Dome Attempt, May 23 2015

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:17 pm
by Hikin_Jim
zippetydude wrote:Wow, I did it on a bright sunny day and the rock was still so smooth I found my feet sliding even though I was holding the cables. Rain turns the whole thing to madness. Glad you had fun anyway. BTW if you do it again, I'd recommend starting at Tenaya and working your way down past Clouds Rest and on over to Halfdome. I loved that approach, and it lets you avoid the heat of the valley and the Stairs of Cirith Ungol on the way up.

z
I also came in from Tenaya when I did it. MUCH easier.

HJ