The Narrows – Zion National Park, May 11 2015

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

The Narrows – Zion National Park, May 11 2015

Postby 63ChevyII » Tue May 19, 2015 12:13 pm

The Narrows – Zion National Park, May 11 2015

Full gallery (50+ photos) and trip report are posted here:
http://www.hikinggeek.com/2015/05/18/th ... y-11-2015/

Here are some highlights:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image
63ChevyII
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 am

Re: The Narrows – Zion National Park, May 11 2015

Postby Hikin_Jim » Tue May 19, 2015 1:15 pm

Really beautiful.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: The Narrows – Zion National Park, May 11 2015

Postby Screerider » Wed May 20, 2015 9:17 am

Very nice report. Amazing pictures.
Having used the Geigerrig setup with the Sawer filter, I find the restrictiveness of the filter over use limits the flow. I ended up blowing a seam out of my hydration bag trying to pump it up. A minor concern if you pay attention. Geigerrig does have a good warranty and replaced the bag eith no hassle. In fact they replaced my entire pack at a different point for different reasons.
Thanks for posting. I've been contemplating getting up into that area. I think I might. This does help.
Screerider
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: The Narrows – Zion National Park, May 11 2015

Postby 63ChevyII » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:46 pm

Thanks for the input Scree. I will keep that in mind!
Image
63ChevyII
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 am


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests